3.14.2008

Returning From PPNC Convention


I just came back from the annual North Carolina Professional Photographers Convention in Raleigh. I am totally exhausted from staying up late nights visiting with my friends like Leslie Mills, Heather Bjorshol, Adrian Henson, Melissa Cooper, and Deborah Hendrix. Then, after talking photography all night, I would get up early to go to classes by nationally known photographers such as Tim Kelly, Doug Box, and Jeff and Julia Woods.

This is also the time of the North Carolina state print competition, where judges critique and score your submitted images in front of an auditorium full of your peers. It is very nerve racking, but you learn a lot, and you get to see the trends and ideas of other photographers. I was fortunate enough to earn second place in the state in the Pets and Animals category for a print titled "A Moment of Peace." I took the image in November for a local client who wanted a portrait with her horse. The sky was gorgeous and she's beautiful as well, so it was an image I wanted to share. The image was taken at Emerald Isle.



No comments: